What they say:
- Proudly ranked as the No. 1 registration sire in 2013!
- Unsurpassed growth and maternal milk – both ranking in the top 1% of the breed!
- No other sire in the breed has the ability to consistently sire growth and maternal with such pedigree diversity; hence, his popularity!
What Meckley Farms says:
- Started using AI semen in the Fall 2013. 307R’s offspring growth potential is the biggest reason he’s so popular and we have chosen to use him.
- The +5 CED and positive BW is matched well with a +9 CEM. Upward is a perfect out-cross match to the popular, lighter calving sires we have used, like In Focus and Bismarck. He allows us to increase our BW’s but still not lose the industry’s necessary “sleep easy” traits.
- Another dependable sire that has stood the test of time; remains in the top 25 for registrations after 9 years in production.
- Exceptionally high milk coupled with above average ultrasound data allows producers to feel comfortable whether a bull or a heifer calf comes out of their mother cows.